Thursday, March 29, 2007

Taken Out Of Context

We took Mary to Charleston last weekend for Mike Dinerman's wedding. My parents, as well as aunt Claire and uncle Waring, met us there to watch her during the rehearsal, ceremony and reception. It was awesome and we took a lot of pictures. However, and I know my sanity will be questioned for this, there was one picture that - when taken out of context - sends a very different (and to me, funny) message. See below.




"Little Mary stands by a broken fountain. When no one is looking, she retrieves the pennies left by others. Because she has none of her own, their wishes become hers. Won't you help Mary find her own wishes? For less than the cost of a cup of coffee..."














Where is Sally Struthers when we need her?
Sorry...I need therapy.

5 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Jodi Ayers said...

I haven't written before but I cannot wait any longer. Yes, you do need therapy. We will do all we can to help. Love you.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Susan said...

You're so bad. LOL!

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

See - now I appreciate your humor. We get such dirty looks from our friends when we refer to Sophie as "The Chinese Baby". I speak from experience when I say a little dark humor goes a long way in parenting. I knew I liked you guys ... do you know why??

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger bhiggy28 said...

Mike,

I really enjoy your blog and being able to see your growing family! Just don't ask my wife (Korean) about my dark humor - ask me! We can compare notes. I need a new writer, anyway.

Bruce Higdon

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Liz said...

OK -- WE NEED MORE BLOG ENTRIES. THIS IS ALMOST A YEAR OLD, SLACKERS! -- WRITTEN BY SOMEONE WITH NO KIDS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home